Interested in Going Solar?
Want to save on the cost of solar and have the support of experts in installing the right solar energy system for you?
The City of Raleigh is a community partner of Solarize the Triangle, a community-based group-purchasing program for solar energy, battery storage, and other clean-energy technologies that helps Triangle homeowners, businesses, and nonprofits become more resilient, reduce energy expenses, and save on the cost of renewable-energy systems by obtaining volume discounts on materials and installation services — the more property owners who purchase renewable energy systems, the lower the price to all buyers – through the power of purchasing together.
Solarize the Triangle is led by TJCOG through the Triangle Sustainability Partnership and Solar Crowdsource, a group of local governments, nonprofits, and advocates working to make solar power more affordable and accessible in the Triangle.
Goals of the Solarize Raleigh campaign are to:
- Make solar energy more accessible: vetted materials, pricing, and installation services through competitive bid process;
- Make solar energy more affordable: lower the cost of solar energy through the power of group-purchasing and reduced acquisition costs;
- Reduce energy burden for low- to moderate-income (LMI) families: further buy down upfront cost for low- and moderate-income families;
- Increase clean-energy education and community engagement: widespread community engagement, education and outreach activities through town hall meetings, workshops, solar tours, and outreach through local community groups and events;
- Promote solar friendly policies: encourage local governments to adopt streamlined solar energy permitting policies and fair distributed generation policies;
- Give back to the community: donate a solar energy system to a local nonprofit organization(s); and
- Make a lasting impact: accelerate the deployment of solar energy installations in a way that can be sustained beyond the timeframe of the Solarize the Triangle campaign.
The Solarize the Triangle campaign is a project that supports the implementation of Raleigh’s Community Climate Action Plan. This Solarize project supports all of the main objectives of Raleigh’s climate action work: addressing equity, building community resilience and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The City of Raleigh is committed to making renewable energy accessible to all. Raleigh is also a SolSmart Silver designated City: making solar energy more accessible will help residents reduce their energy costs and their carbon footprint—and move Raleigh toward achieving its climate goals.
Get Your Free Solar Evaluation!
Contact Solarize the Triangle:
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 770-288-0440
NOTE: Your information is safe. By signing up, there is absolutely no-obligation of any kind and your information will not be shared with anyone outside of this campaign. You are signing up for a free solar evaluation by the selected contractor and locking in discount pricing should you decide to make the transition to solar. We will only use your email address to contact you directly and keep you updated on campaign news and upcoming events.