Interested in Going Solar?
Want to save on the cost of solar and have the support of experts in installing the right solar energy system for you?
Chatham County is a community partner of Solarize the Triangle, a community-based group-purchasing program for solar energy, battery storage, and other clean-energy technologies that helps Triangle homeowners, businesses, and nonprofits become more resilient, reduce energy expenses, and save on the cost of renewable-energy systems by obtaining volume discounts on materials and installation services — the more property owners who purchase renewable energy systems, the lower the price to all buyers – through the power of purchasing together.
Solarize the Triangle is led by TJCOG through the Triangle Sustainability Partnership and Solar Crowdsource, a group of local governments, nonprofits, and advocates working to make solar power more affordable and accessible in the Triangle.
Goals of the Solarize Chatham County campaign are to:
- Make solar energy more accessible: vetted materials, pricing, and installation services through competitive bid process;
- Make solar energy more affordable: lower the cost of solar energy through the power of group-purchasing and reduced acquisition costs;
- Reduce energy burden for low- to moderate-income (LMI) families: further buy down upfront cost for low- and moderate-income families;
- Increase clean-energy education and community engagement: widespread community engagement, education and outreach activities through town hall meetings, workshops, solar tours, and outreach through local community groups and events;
- Promote solar friendly policies: encourage local governments to adopt streamlined solar energy permitting policies and fair distributed generation policies;
- Give back to the community: donate a solar energy system to a local nonprofit organization(s); and
- Make a lasting impact: accelerate the deployment of solar energy installations in a way that can be sustained beyond the timeframe of the Solarize the Triangle campaign.
In addition to participating in Solarize the Triangle, Chatham County has received a designation as a SolSmart Gold community. The SolSmart program recognizes local governments that are friendly to solar development and have made focused efforts to simplify the process of installing solar panels. The Gold level designation is the highest the program offers. Both participating in the Solarize the Triangle program and achieving the SolSmart Gold designation contribute to Chatham County’s Comprehensive Plan goal of becoming a carbon neutral county by reducing the amount of energy generated using fossil fuels.
Sign Up for Your Free, No-Obligation Assessment Below!
- Please refer to the main Solarize the Triangle page for campaign updates, events, pricing, and materials.
- Click here to view a map of Solarize the Triangle's campaign territory to see if your address qualifies.
Enrollment Deadline: December 31, 2022
Solarize the Triangle is partnering exclusively with Yes Solar Solutions for this campaign. Yes Solar Solutions Co-Founders Stew and Kathy Miller have been small business owners in Cary since 1994, and founded Yes Solar in 2009. Their experience in past Solarize programs in the community made them eager to participate in the Solarize Research Triangle partnership. The company’s history of quality projects and an emphasis on customer satisfaction and service, helped them earn the only NC Accreditation from NABCEP. President Stew Miller says, “We are thrilled to be part of this mission to make solar accessible with the best possible customer service and confidence, and help drive the cost of solar down for everyone.”
Enrollment Period is Now Closed
Contact Solarize the Triangle:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 770-288-0440
NOTE: Your information is safe. By signing up, there is absolutely no-obligation of any kind and your information will not be shared with anyone outside of this campaign. You are signing up for a free solar evaluation by the selected contractor and locking in discount pricing should you decide to make the transition to solar. We will only use your email address to contact you directly and keep you updated on campaign news and upcoming events.